Renewable Recyclable Bio-plastic materials are a propriety blend of poultry feathers compounded with recycle polyolefin (recycle polypropylene and polyethylene) to create e nvironmentally valuable composites.
Utilizing feather fibers as a reinforcing agent, up to 50% (by mass) of the base petroleum plastic is replaced with low density, eco-friendly poultry feather fibers.
- More affordable (feathers are a renewable waste product).
- Reduces carbon footprint (up to 50% less petroleum).
- End products have greater market appeal: green, sustainable, and functional.
- Reduces density, improves mechanical properties.
- Can be easily processed using existing machinery.
- Can be compounded with: Polypropylene (PP) – homopolymers, Copolymers, impact copolymers.
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Low density Polyethylene (LDPE)
Bplastix is a perfect biodegradable plastic formulation contains much higher concentrations of poultry feathers (+75%) that are completely biodegradable.
Products manufactured with these resins break down into carbon dioxide and water.
End products manufactured with these resins are stable in sheltered environments, but break down when exposed to the environment.
Bacteria attack and feed off the material, breaking it away within a matter of months. These resins are ideal for shortterm use plastic applications.